Audience Development Director
At D Magazine, our readers rule. We create magazines, newsletters, web content, and D events, seminars, and experiences to help them get live their best lives in Dallas. We are looking for an audience development director to guide the strategic vision for the attraction, engagement, and retention of these readers and brand lovers. This position puts you at the very center of our company.
The audience development director reports to the President of D Magazine Partners, and manages one employee and a newsstand field team of two. But, more than any other position, the AD director interacts with each division: editorial, digital, sales, accounting, production and marketing. This is unicorn territory. We are looking for a person who can communicate and work with different co-workers (cheerfully!), who is analytical and data-driven, and who knows a brilliant marketing idea when he or she sees one. Yup, we’re looking for a unicorn. You will be, among many other things:
- Hubspot data base manager and innovator
- E-mail obsessive: grow the audiences, help the editors increase engagement, test
- SEO expert
- Print growth strategist: magazine subscriptions and newsstand
- Analyst of all audience channels, email, social and web
- Numbers freak: responsible for budgeting and forecasting
And that’s just a sample. We are in an industry that is constantly changing, and you will enjoy this job only if throwing out assumptions and responding to relentless external market forces sounds like a good time. You will be surrounded by smart, creative individuals who chase excellence. You will be challenged to learn new skills and industry developments in the moment, and then apply them to our operation. Our company is small but agile and fast-paced. We work hard. We have fun. If this sounds like home, please contact Rachel Gill at [email protected] and submit your resume and a cover letter. No phone calls please.
D Home is the number one selling shelter magazine in the city of Dallas. For more than 15 years, it has provided the city’s most discerning audience an inside look at the best Dallas has to offer in home and design.
D Magazine Partners also publishes D Magazine, D CEO, D Weddings, Dallas Medical Directory, Real Estate Annual, and dmagazine.com, an award-winning website.
Ours is an entrepreneurial, high energy, creative culture. We’re great at what we do and have fun doing it. A lot of fun. We have a culture of excellence from the products we produce to the people we hire and we are looking for a dynamic and highly creative individual to oversee revenue generation as publisher of Home.
As publisher you will be responsible for leading your team to secure annual advertising revenue through print advertising, digital advertising and event sponsorships.DIRECT SALES RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain key client relationships
- Negotiate and close advertising deals in accordance with our pricing guidelines
- Oversee sales reps use of the CRM system
- Assist with proposal generation, price quotes
- Manage the flow of contract fulfillment
- Attend scheduled client meetings to present proposals
- Attend D events as brand ambassador
- Must be a revenue driver who will develop new revenue opportunities to achieve monthly goals, retain and grow existing business and replace lost revenue
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training and mentoring Account Executives and Client Operations Managers
- Strengthen communication and support between internal teams
- Collaborate with sales team, internal stakeholders, clients and partners
- Develop creative client solutions through print, digital and event marketing programs
- Encourage team collaboration, excitement and overall buy-in
- Utilize problem solving skills to create client solutions through print, digital and event marketing programs
- Set team culture and pace by example
- Utilize network to strategically connect partners and advertisers
- Be a brand advocate for the magazine, sales team and clients
- Ensure sales and sales support teams execute contract deliverables as promised
- Consult with Group Publisher and other team leaders on sales growth strategies
- Report on assigned publication’s sales pipeline weekly to Group Publisher
10+ years of direct media sales experience with a proven track record of growing revenue in challenging environments
Advertising Account Executive
The business group at D Magazine Partners is hiring a sales professional to join our team and represent Dallas Innovates and other group products. Dallas Innovates is a partnership between D Magazine Partners and the Dallas Regional Chamber of Commerce. Launched in February, this new initiative serves to promote the region as a hub for innovation, creativity and forward thinking businesses. We are currently interviewing for a highly-motivated and creative advertising sales professional to join our team. We’re looking for someone with the ability to hit the ground running, close business and who is motivated to make money. The sky is the limit.SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create new business opportunities through cold calling, networking and meeting with business executives
- Thoroughly qualify new opportunities to determine whether prospects are good potential clients
- Manage relationships throughout the entire sales cycle, from initial contact through execution of the client campaign
- Develop creative campaigns / proposals that help clients achieve their business objectives
- Consistently win new business and achieve personal revenue goals
- Expand and maintain existing client relationships
- Bachelor’s degree + 1-3 years sales experience
- Very strong prospecting skills. Committed to consistent daily selling behaviors
- Well-networked in the Dallas marketplace. Should be involved with industry associations and have a strong personal network
- Ability to get in front of C-Suite executives
- Consultative selling experience a must
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience with and comfort entertaining clients in social setting
- Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Loyal, honest, high-energy, driven, strong work ethic, good sense of humor
- Competitive comp plan and uncapped incentive program
- Company benefits include medical, dental insurance, disability, retirement savings, holidays, and personal days.
To apply for this position, email cover letter and your resume to : [email protected].