Audience Development Director
The role of the Audience Development Director is to guide the strategic vision for the retention, growth, and engagement of all D Magazine audiences. This includes subscribers, newsstand buyers, email newsletter subscribers, site visitors, consumer event attendees, and social followers. It is a very hands-on job, and digital marketing and analysis expertise is a requirement, as well as traditional direct marketing.
The Audience Development Director manages one internal employee: the Audience Development Manager, who works primarily in traditional circulation efforts. The involvement with the Audience Development Manager is to provide a strategic oversight, guidance, and support on efforts to grow and retain print and digital edition audiences. This includes preparing the budget for all associated programs, annual forecasting of newsstand sales and subscriber revenue. In this area you will also help work with our direct marketing consultant as well.
In addition, the role of the Audience Development Director is to evaluate and make decisions on any tools or software to be used for fulfillment efforts, newsstand management, contesting, database, marketing automation, etc. The day-to- day efforts of the Audience Development Director currently focus primarily on digital strategies and growth for internal brands and clients. This includes:
- Manage the consumer database housed within HubSpot
- Aggressively stay on top of industry trends and opportunities
- Monitoring email deliverability and acting to increase deliverability and open rates
- Ensure that all emails acquired by the organization are identified and imported with a purpose
- Growth strategies and execution for email acquisition efforts
- Set up and manage all marketing automation efforts for the purpose of audience development
- Develop targeted efforts to further engage our online audiences and encourage them down a path toward becoming a brand loyalist
- Growth strategies and execution for all email newsletter promotions
- Develop/execute plans and strategies to drive eyeballs to advertiser supported content, programs, or events
- Develop and nurture new initiatives that support the overall department vision
- Develop database targeting methods to ensure relevant messages are delivered to our consumers at the right time and that we do not abuse any of our contacts
- Deep SEO expertise and execution for our websites
The Audience Development Director reports directly to the President and works with every department in the company. Five years minimum experience in this rapidly changing-and exciting-world of marketing. To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to Rachel Gill at [email protected]. No phone calls please.
D Home is the number one selling shelter magazine in the city of Dallas. For more than 15 years, it has provided the city’s most discerning audience an inside look at the best Dallas has to offer in home and design.
D Magazine Partners also publishes D Magazine, D CEO, D Weddings, Dallas Medical Directory, Real Estate Annual, and dmagazine.com, an award-winning website.
Ours is an entrepreneurial, high energy, creative culture. We’re great at what we do and have fun doing it. A lot of fun. We have a culture of excellence from the products we produce to the people we hire and we are looking for a dynamic and highly creative individual to oversee revenue generation as publisher of Home.
As publisher you will be responsible for leading your team to secure annual advertising revenue through print advertising, digital advertising and event sponsorships.DIRECT SALES RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain key client relationships
- Negotiate and close advertising deals in accordance with our pricing guidelines
- Oversee sales reps use of the CRM system
- Assist with proposal generation, price quotes
- Manage the flow of contract fulfillment
- Attend scheduled client meetings to present proposals
- Attend D events as brand ambassador
- Must be a revenue driver who will develop new revenue opportunities to achieve monthly goals, retain and grow existing business and replace lost revenue
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training and mentoring Account Executives and Client Operations Managers
- Strengthen communication and support between internal teams
- Collaborate with sales team, internal stakeholders, clients and partners
- Develop creative client solutions through print, digital and event marketing programs
- Encourage team collaboration, excitement and overall buy-in
- Utilize problem solving skills to create client solutions through print, digital and event marketing programs
- Set team culture and pace by example
- Utilize network to strategically connect partners and advertisers
- Be a brand advocate for the magazine, sales team and clients
- Ensure sales and sales support teams execute contract deliverables as promised
- Consult with Group Publisher and other team leaders on sales growth strategies
- Report on assigned publication’s sales pipeline weekly to Group Publisher
10+ years of direct media sales experience with a proven track record of growing revenue in challenging environments
Advertising Account Executive
The business group at D Magazine Partners is hiring a sales professional to join our team and represent Dallas Innovates and other group products. Dallas Innovates is a partnership between D Magazine Partners and the Dallas Regional Chamber of Commerce. Launched in February, this new initiative serves to promote the region as a hub for innovation, creativity and forward thinking businesses. We are currently interviewing for a highly-motivated and creative advertising sales professional to join our team. We’re looking for someone with the ability to hit the ground running, close business and who is motivated to make money. The sky is the limit.SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create new business opportunities through cold calling, networking and meeting with business executives
- Thoroughly qualify new opportunities to determine whether prospects are good potential clients
- Manage relationships throughout the entire sales cycle, from initial contact through execution of the client campaign
- Develop creative campaigns / proposals that help clients achieve their business objectives
- Consistently win new business and achieve personal revenue goals
- Expand and maintain existing client relationships
- Bachelor’s degree + 1-3 years sales experience
- Very strong prospecting skills. Committed to consistent daily selling behaviors
- Well-networked in the Dallas marketplace. Should be involved with industry associations and have a strong personal network
- Ability to get in front of C-Suite executives
- Consultative selling experience a must
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience with and comfort entertaining clients in social setting
- Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Loyal, honest, high-energy, driven, strong work ethic, good sense of humor
- Competitive comp plan and uncapped incentive program
- Company benefits include medical, dental insurance, disability, retirement savings, holidays, and personal days.
To apply for this position, email cover letter and your resume to : [email protected].