Advertising Account Executive
The business group at D Magazine Partners is hiring a sales professional to join our team and represent Dallas Innovates and other group products. Dallas Innovates is a partnership between D Magazine Partners and the Dallas Regional Chamber of Commerce. Launched in February, this new initiative serves to promote the region as a hub for innovation, creativity and forward thinking businesses. We are currently interviewing for a highly-motivated and creative advertising sales professional to join our team. We’re looking for someone with the ability to hit the ground running, close business and who is motivated to make money. The sky is the limit.SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create new business opportunities through cold calling, networking and meeting with business executives
- Thoroughly qualify new opportunities to determine whether prospects are good potential clients
- Manage relationships throughout the entire sales cycle, from initial contact through execution of the client campaign
- Develop creative campaigns / proposals that help clients achieve their business objectives
- Consistently win new business and achieve personal revenue goals
- Expand and maintain existing client relationships
- Bachelor’s degree + 1-3 years sales experience
- Very strong prospecting skills. Committed to consistent daily selling behaviors
- Well-networked in the Dallas marketplace. Should be involved with industry associations and have a strong personal network
- Ability to get in front of C-Suite executives
- Consultative selling experience a must
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience with and comfort entertaining clients in social setting
- Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Loyal, honest, high-energy, driven, strong work ethic, good sense of humor
- Competitive comp plan and uncapped incentive program
- Company benefits include medical, dental insurance, disability, retirement savings, holidays, and personal days.
To apply for this position, email cover letter and your resume to : email@example.com.
D Magazine Partners
Jr. Marketing Associate, Events
D Magazine Partners is looking for an outstanding and highly-motivated candidate to manage events for vertical-specific publications, in addition to providing general assistance for the events manager.
As the junior marketing associate, you will service internal teams and external clients, assisting with event strategy and managing all components of event production for assigned events. The best fit for this role is someone with exceptional project management skills and experience in managing end-to-end event processes, including but not limited to: branding, invites, budget management, sponsor activation and communications, site selection, contracting, vendor partnerships, registration, and program implementation.
You will report to the events director and work very closely with the marketing and sales teams. You will be very comfortable project managing programs that require collaborating with multiple cross-functional internal stakeholders and managing external partners.
- Serve as an events project manager, owning the logistics and overall management for assigned events as well as the related day-to-day communications with clients, internal stakeholders, and external partners.
- Produce events within specific publications and communities, with wide-range of size, scope, and type (breakfasts, happy hours, panels, large-scale awards ceremonies, etc).
- Meet or exceed budgetary goals through vendor contract negotiation and other creative cost efficacy measures.
- Partner with the sales team and clients to create and deliver engaging and effective sponsor activations.
- Assist the events manager with necessary tasks and assignments for their large-scale events.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working on relevant events.
- Ability to work on many projects at once and keep track of multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen to make strategic decisions, engage in negotiations, evaluate issues, and propose solutions.
- Creative and strategic thinker with emphasis on customer service to meet client objectives
Please send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio (optional) to Bethany.Kempfe@dmagazine.com for consideration.