Brand Marketing Manager
Since its inception in 1974, the D brand has been one of the most recognizable and influential brands in Dallas. By maintaining the highest standards of print journalism, digital content, editorial recommendations, and advertiser experience, the D brand has continued to be a force for good in our city.
We are looking for a Brand Marketing Manager to oversee the use and expansion of the brand for consumer and editorial products and projects, across four D print publications, dmagazine.com, and social platforms. The role requires a strategic and creative thinker, as well as a skilled project manager to manage cross-department programs. We need a learner and a driver who can work well with others in a changing media environment. It will report directly to the Marketing Director.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all D-branded materials including logo distribution, handling cases of brand misuse, and overseeing the creation and updating of brand materials
- Oversee promotion/PR strategy of editorial content to consumer audiences (local and national). Manage relationships with other media outlets for cross-promotion opportunities.
- Work closely with local businesses and readers to ensure an excellent experience with the D brand and continued expansion (in-store, digital content, brand campaigns, etc)
- Oversee winner notification and distribution of collateral for editorial Bests; evolve existing programs to empower businesses
- Create marketing tools and programs for professional Bests winners
- Develop compelling and effective brand campaigns for our products and mission. Project manage, create promotional outlines, and execute all consumer-driven programs and projects
- Write promotional and consumer marketing content including e-blasts, letters, landing page copy, brand campaigns, and social content and advertising
- Oversee ticket sales strategy for events and execute select tasks related to event promotion
- Manage social media strategy and execution, including: all paid social media; oversight of strategy and execution by editorial team on various channels; and publishing on select channels
- Approve and execute media sponsorships for all D Magazine publications and properties. Manage select trade relationships
- Oversee brand, subscriber, and editorially-driven events with logistical support of events team
- Collect and submit all award nominations
- +3 years relevant experience: public relations, copywriting, content marketing, brand marketing, and/or program management
- Skilled in creating, editing, and promoting written and visual content
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Skills aptitude test required during interview process
- Ideal candidate will have experience creating and managing innovative campaigns and/or press and promotion efforts
Please send cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples to [email protected] by August 4..
Digital Advertising Strategist
Develop creative and impactful sales solutions that meet client objectives to drive digital revenue across D Magazine’s digital platforms. These include D Magazine’s content channels on dmagazine.com, email database, social media, and more.
This role will challenge you to ideate and develop large scale strategic ad programs for D Magazine’s most important clients, and be part of the sales process to win the business. The role will be primarily proactive in nature, working alongside the Sales, Digital, Marketing, and Audience Development teams.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Sales and Digital teams to ideate and develop custom solutions primarily proactively and in response to a client brief and digital RFPs. Collaborating with the Digital Art & Editorial, Marketing, and Audience Development teams throughout the process.
- Work with the Marketing teams to bring digital ad pitches to life in a compelling deck that strongly articulates the reason for and benefit of the proposed strategy.
- Determine pricing for proposed digital strategies based on deliverables and market value.
- Attend client and agency meetings with the Sales reps to assist in the pitch process and help sell in the digital platforms. Ability to come up with ideas and brainstorm in the meeting.
- Develop expertise at a category and client level and share knowledge and best practices across the sales and marketing teams.
- Envision new ways for advertisers to connect with our consumers via ad product, content programs, influencers and more.
- Write promotional and consumer marketing content including e-blasts, letters, landing page copy, brand campaigns, and social content and advertising.
- Stay abreast of the marketplace competition and digital innovations.
- Work alongside the Marketing and Digital Art teams to ensure all client’s deliverables are executed correctly and on time. Stay connected to sold programs throughout the execution phase to ensure program success, and the ability to adjust if program is not meeting client’s expectations.
- Be lead on all native content sold to clients. Help brainstorm content ideas for client, hire appropriate freelance writers, photographers, work with Digital team to execute content, and stay connected to content’s performance, applying promotion when needed.
- An expert in current digital publishing trends.
- Can quickly synthesize an array of objectives and inputs to determine the right innovative and executable solution.
- Understands and has relevant experience with advertisers looking to reach our audiences.
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced, high volume environment focused on both internal and external selling of ideas and concepts.
- Passionate about digital and social and seeks out new innovations and ideas for brands to connect with consumers.
- Has superior verbal presentation skills, and is comfortable interfacing with internal and external clients, enjoys and excels at selling.
- Is resourceful, problem solver, solution-focused and a multi-tasker.
- Has strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Understands the need for and operates with excellent customer service.
- Writing skills a plus.
- 3+ years minimum in media marketing and advertising experience- extensive digital experience is a plus, and a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proven experience solving advertiser objectives in a media and content environment.
- Strong knowledge of digital sales and marketing dynamics and processes.
- Strong Powerpoint, Word, Excel (or Google equivalent) required; Photoshop, InDesign a plus.
- Knowledge of DFP.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Chartbeat.
Please send resume to [email protected]..
Digital Ad Operations Associate
The Digital Ad Operations Associate main responsibility is to assist in the preparation, implementation and management of digital media campaigns, including trafficking, management, optimization and reporting. In direct support of Ad Sales, persons in this role must be able to translate client needs into actionable tasks and see them through to completion. This position is the day-to-day running of the Digital Ad Operations department. This position requires an individual that works well in a team-based, fast paced, detail-oriented environment. The successful Digital Ad Operations Associate is resourceful and demonstrates an initiative to participate in projects like ad placement strategy, trafficking of ads in various platforms, and ways to streamline the processes already in place. This position reports to the Digital Sales Strategist and should help identify new emerging tools and/or technologies that will enable the D Magazine digital team to work effectively and efficiently as an organization.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships within the Sales organization.
- Support sales team with launch and trafficking functions for advertiser’s online campaigns.
- Execute and implement advertising campaigns to ensure accurate impression, scheduling, performance, and revenue delivery.
- Provide suggested measures to ensure full revenue expectations are realized by understanding client needs and using success metrics.
- Troubleshoot issues on all pre-production and live campaigns with technical team.
- Provide administrative support as necessary in the form of contract review, order entry, and/or client reporting.
- Demonstrate multi-tasking ability; keep multiple projects on-track
- Work closely with internal departments and external partners to ensure that appropriate materials are received and/or distributed correctly
- Make recommendations for process improvement and ad operations efficiencies. Establish best practices.
- Be a creative thinker and strong project manager.
- Work with various teams to strategize creative online campaigns based on client’s needs.
- Understanding of online advertising concepts and industry best practices.
- Be able to think strategically and act tactically. Willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done.
- Be a problem-solver, not just a problem alerter. Not afraid to ask why something is done a certain way and offer alternative solutions.
- Ability to multi-task
- Effective time management skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills..
- 1+ years managing complex operational processes in online advertising or related industry.
- Familiarity with ad systems and technologies such as Doubleclick ,or similar system and technology.
- Proficient in MS office suite (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint)
- Comfortable with technology and computers
- Knowledge of HTML a plus
Please send resume to [email protected]..
Marketing Manager, Advertising
The D Media Marketing team seeks an experienced individual to help manage marketing programs driven by our clients, in addition to marketing materials for sales and business development. This person should be passionate about developing insight-led marketing programs that may include large-scale events, partnerships, marketing collateral, and content. A successful candidate will have deep knowledge of marketing strategy across a variety of industries, specifically as it relates to advertising, media, and online platforms. Ideally, the candidate’s experience should include working with sales leadership to understand market and client needs, and a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams. Skillful communication, organization, and project management skills required.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with sales leadership to execute client marketing efforts across print, digital, and events. Project manage sales-driven projects and programs, working with both client and internal teams.
- Lead copywriter for business-related programs, content, and packages
- Develop impactful sales collateral and programs (Testimonials, case studies, sales videos, whitepapers, reports, etc), in conjunction with Marketing Director
- For business and Bests events, work with events team on branding/invite, social integration, sponsorship activation, and wrap ups/follow ups.
- Develop advertiser-communication programs and touches, ranging from birthday programs to webinars and monthly newsletters that share case studies and marketing insights
- Organize and maintain company-wide calendar of marketing initiatives and vertical priorities and needs
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of experience in marketing, consulting, media sales, and/or advertising or related fields
- Agency experience a plus
Please send cover letter and resume to Rachel Gill at [email protected]. Applicants may be asked to prepare a presentation and writing samples..
Advertising Account Executive
The business group at D Magazine Partners is hiring a sales professional to join our team and represent Dallas Innovates and other group products. Dallas Innovates is a partnership between D Magazine Partners and the Dallas Regional Chamber of Commerce. Launched in February, this new initiative serves to promote the region as a hub for innovation, creativity and forward thinking businesses. We are currently interviewing for a highly-motivated and creative advertising sales professional to join our team. We’re looking for someone with the ability to hit the ground running, close business and who is motivated to make money. The sky is the limit.SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create new business opportunities through cold calling, networking and meeting with business executives
- Thoroughly qualify new opportunities to determine whether prospects are good potential clients
- Manage relationships throughout the entire sales cycle, from initial contact through execution of the client campaign
- Develop creative campaigns / proposals that help clients achieve their business objectives
- Consistently win new business and achieve personal revenue goals
- Expand and maintain existing client relationships
- Bachelor’s degree + 1-3 years sales experience
- Very strong prospecting skills. Committed to consistent daily selling behaviors
- Well-networked in the Dallas marketplace. Should be involved with industry associations and have a strong personal network
- Ability to get in front of C-Suite executives
- Consultative selling experience a must
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Experience with and comfort entertaining clients in social setting
- Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Loyal, honest, high-energy, driven, strong work ethic, good sense of humor
- Competitive comp plan and uncapped incentive program
- Company benefits include medical, dental insurance, disability, retirement savings, holidays, and personal days.
To apply for this position, email cover letter and your resume to : [email protected].